XTERRA DINO Triathlon Logansport
June 14, 2014 Logansport, IN: France Park
|SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (Eastern Daylight Time):|
|Friday, June 13||6:00-8:00PM||Check-in/Registration at race site|
|Saturday, June 14||7:00AM||Registration Opens|
|9:00AM||Swim Start - Competitor Wave|
|9:05AM||Swim Start - Survivor Wave|
|9:30AM||Canoe/Kayak Division Start|
|1:00PM||Awards & door prizes; lunch provided by Subway|
CHECK-IN: France Park beach area; Friday, June 13, 6:00–8:00PM or Saturday, June 14, 7:00–8:30AM.
Distances: 1/2 mile swim, 10 mile mountain bike, 4 mile trail run
SWIM: The swim start is from a sandy beach. The course is a 0.5-mile, clockwise, rectangular loop in France Park's clean, clear rock quarry lake. Lifeguards will be patrolling the course on kayaks or canoes. Kayak division will make two laps of the swim course.
BIKE: The 10 mile bike segment is a generally fast course, but includes some sections of difficult singletrack. Two laps of the 5-mile course will be required. There are several small (less than 50' elevation) climbs and descents on the course. For 2013, the trails have been improved to reduce the number of dismounts you might need, and replacing a dangerous downhill with a safer routing.
RUN: The run course (approximately 4 miles) begins with a wide flat pathway, with 2-way runner traffic. After about 1/4 mile, the course becomes one-way and enters some narrower and more challenging trail that makes a couple of climbs and descents. The majority of the route is flat except midway around the loop, where you'll climb about 100 vertical feet. There will be two laps of the one-way loop. An aid station will be located at the loop's start/end, which is about the 2-mile mark midway.>> Triathlon Course Map
AWARDS: Overall top three men and women receive plaques. Top three in each age group receive medals.
CAMPING: Camping is available on site. First-come, first-served (no reservations). Contact France Park for more information or call (574)753-2928.
LODGING: Click HERE for a list of local hotel options. Choices in Logansport are: Quality Inn, Super 8, Holiday Inn Express, Logansport Inn, and Inntiquity
DIRECTIONS: From Logansport, go west on US 24, four miles past US 35. France Park is on the south (left) side. After coming in the gate, go right toward the beach area. See Park Entry section below. Please use caution - the race course crosses this road. Observe all posted speed limits strictly .
PARK ENTRY: On Saturday (Race Day) your pre-registered race entry will cover the park's fees (no charge at the gate). Spectators will be required to pay the entry fee ($2). Participants coming to pre-ride the course and/or check in on Friday pay only $2 entry fee (no additional mountain bike fee). If you plan to visit the park prior to race weekend, call first - the trails may be closed due to wet conditions. France Park: 574-753-2928 For race-weekend updates, call the DINO Hotline: 317-336-7553 or follow us on Twitter:@DINOseries.
SOLO DIVISION AGE CLASSIFICATIONS: age 10-12; 13-15; 16-17; 18-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80-84; 85-89
RELAY TEAM DIVISIONS:
- All Male, All Female, Mixed, Masters (all team members over 40)
- Teams are a relay format, not simultaneous participation.
- Exchanges may only occur between race segments.
SWIM WAVES: The swim start will be divided into "competitor" and "survivor" waves. Please check one choice on the entry form.
- Participants expecting to finish in the top 50% of the field should check "Competitor" wave.
- Participants expecting to finish in the lower 50% of the field should check "Survivor" wave.
Note: All relay teams will be assigned to the "Survivor" wave.
CANOE / KAYAK: You may bring your own boat or rent a boat from DINO. All boats must be 18' or less in length. Life vests are required. All boats must be solo powered except relay teams, which may send any number of team members in the boat. The race will begin with a short mass-start run to the boats. The canoe / kayak portion of the race consists of two laps of 0.5 miles each. The field is limited to 50 total canoes or kayaks. The rental boat is a 9'5" sit-in plastic kayak (make/model: Mainstream Streak). Paddle and lifejacket are included in rental. Limit of 12 rentals per event - register early!
MISCELLANEOUS TRIATHLON NOTES:
- Wetsuits are not allowed unless the water temperature is less than 72 degrees F. Expected water temperature is mid 80s. Wetsuit Rentals available from XTERRA Wetsuits. No other types of floatation devices are allowed.
- Athletes are expected to follow conduct guidelines as established by USA Triathlon.
- Athlete assumes all liability for any injury, illness, or property damage as a result of the event. All athletes must sign a liability waiver at the event. All athletes under age 18 must have the waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Contact DINO if a waiver is needed prior to the event sign-in.
- Click here for DINO's Refund Policy.
- In the event of dangerous weather or course conditions, DINO will make every effort to delay, postpone, or modify the event. However, if cancellation is necessary, no refunds will be given.
Related / Local Links: