XTERRA DINO Southern Indiana Triathlon
July 15, 2017, Versailles, IN: Versailles State Park
Please check our Facebook page for updates
|SCHEDULE OF EVENTS (Eastern Daylight Time):|
Friday, July 14
Check-in/Registration at race site
Free XTERRA Racing Clinic
|Sat, July 15||7:00AM||Registration Opens|
|9:00AM||Swim Start - Competitor Wave|
Swim Start - Survivor Wave
|9:30AM||Canoe/Kayak Division Start|
|1:00PM||Awards & door prizes|
CHECK-IN: Camp store / boat ramp area; Friday July 14, 6-8 pm or Saturday, July 15, 7:00 – 8:30AM
Distances: 1km swim, 13 mile mountain bike, 5 mile trail run
SWIM: The swim start is from a beach to the east of the boat ramp. The course is a counterclockwise, triangular loop in the deepest part of Versailles Lake. Lifeguards will be patrolling the course on rowboats. Kayak division racers will complete a 2 km paddle extending to near the park dam.
BIKE: The mountain bike segment is the highlight of the race. The most notable feature of the course is the amazing Cliffside trail, climbing high above the expansive valley below. The course will traverse scenic and fun singletrack, including several climbs and descents with elevation changes over 200 vertical feet. The surface is nearly all dirt single-track.
RUN: The run course utilizes most of the park's hiking trails, including #1, #2 and #3. There will be several steep up and downhills, rooty sections, and stairs. It is a very challenging course. An aid station will be located at the transition area and at approximately miles 1 and 3 on the run course (road crossings).
AWARDS: Overall top three men and women receive plaques. Top three in each age group receive medals. XTERRA sponsors provide several nice items given at random.
XTERRA USA CHAMPIONSHIP: The XTERRA USA Championship held in September 2017 at Snowbasin Resort in Ogden, Utah.
CAMPING: Camping is available nearby inside the park. Sites can be reserved throughhttp://www.indiana.reserveworld.com/
DIRECTIONS: Versailles State Park is about 2 miles east of Versailles, Indiana, on US Highway 50. US 50 connects to I-65 at Seymour Indiana or to I-275 west of Cincinnatti (use exit 16, Lawrenceburg IN). Versailles is about 30 miles from either interchange. (Map)
FREE XTERRA CLINIC: Free XTERRA Racing Clinic, Friday July 14 & Friday August 4! 7pm at the race's Transition Area.
Offered by Chrissy Halioris (Barry S Coaching, Louisville KY, barryscoaching.com) and Al & Kristen Wade (Brave Heart Coaching, Chicago)
Chrissy's coaching focus is on cyclocross, Xterra and Triathlon youth, junior and adults. She coaches locally and remote.
PARK ENTRY: Each vehicle will be charged $7 for entry ($9 out of state). Annual passes valid at any Indiana State Park can be purchased for $50 ($70 out of state). For race-related updates on race weekend, call the DINO Hotline: 317-336-7553 or follow us on Twitter: @DINOseries.
SOLO DIVISION AGE CLASSIFICATIONS: age 10-12; 13-15; 16-17; 18-19; 20-24; 25-29; 30-34; 35-39; 40-44; 45-49; 50-54; 55-59; 60-64; 65-69; 70-74; 75-79; 80-84; 85-89; Challenged Athlete
RELAY TEAM DIVISIONS:
- All Male, All Female, Mixed, Masters (all team members over 40)
- Teams are a relay format, not simultaneous participation.
- Exchanges may only occur between race segments.
SWIM WAVES: The swim start will be divided into "competitor" and "survivor" waves. Please check one choice on the entry form. Both waves will be combined for awards and XTERRA points (the two minute wave delay is subtracted from Survivor Wave times).
- Participants expecting to finish in the top 50% of the field should check "Competitor" wave.
- Participants expecting to finish in the lower 50% of the field should check "Survivor" wave.
Note: All relay teams will be assigned to the "Survivor" wave.
CANOE / KAYAK: You may bring your own boat or rent a boat from DINO. All boats must be 18' or less in length. Life vests are required. All boats must be solo powered except relay teams, which may send any number of team members in the boat. The race will begin with a short mass-start run to the boats. The canoe / kayak portion of the race consists of two laps of 0.5 miles each. The field is limited to 30 total canoes or kayaks. The rental boat is a 9'5" sit-in plastic kayak (make/model: Mainstream Streak). Paddle and lifejacket are included in rental. Limit of 12 rentals per event - register early!
MISCELLANEOUS TRIATHLON NOTES:
- Wetsuits are not allowed unless the water temperature is less than 72 degrees F. Expected water temperature is mid 80s. Wetsuit Rentals available from XTERRA Wetsuits. No other types of floatation devices are allowed.
- Athletes are expected to follow conduct guidelines as established by USA Triathlon.
- Athlete assumes all liability for any injury, illness, or property damage as a result of the event. All athletes must sign a liability waiver at the event. All athletes under age 18 must have the waiver signed by a parent or guardian. Contact DINO if a waiver is needed prior to the event sign-in.
- Click here for DINO's Refund Policy
- In the event of dangerous weather or course conditions, DINO will make every effort to delay, postpone, or modify the event. However, if cancellation is necessary, no refunds will be given.
Related / Local Links:
- Ripley County Tourism
- HMBA Versailles State Park message board
- XTERRA Race Info
- XTERRA Wetsuits
- USA Triathlon
- Other XTERRA Races
Registration: Opens in December!