MISSION Lite Adventure Race
For overall event info click HERE
MISSION Lite is a Beginner Adventure Race with a 4-hour cutoff. All rules of the 18-hour MISSION AR apply except the gear list.
The MISSION Lite gear list is much smaller and less costly, so that beginner racers can sample adventure racing.
No ropes events will be part of the MISSION Lite race.
Navigation and plotting will be greatly simplified for MISSION Lite. A basic understanding of park trail maps and topographical maps (1:25,000 scale) will be needed.
MISSION Lite starts at 8 am Saturday, May 13. MISSION Lite participants can check in Friday evening or Saturday morning from 6:30 to 7:30 am.
MISSION Lite 4-hour Beginner AR GEAR LIST (MANDATORY)
CARRIED BY EACH PERSON AT ALL TIMES:
- Food and Water
- Hydration Bladder or Bottles (minimum 40 oz capacity)
CARRIED BY ONE TEAM MEMBER AT ALL TIMES:
- First Aid/ Safety Kit: Bandages, antibiotic ointment
- Knife (minimum 3" blade)
- Pencil, Marker, and Crayon
- Waterproof Map Case
WHILE CYCLING (EACH PERSON)
- Inner Tube
WHILE CYCLING (ONE PER TEAM)
- Tire Repair Kit: patches, tire levers, and pump
- Tools: 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8mm Hex Wrenches; Small Philips & Straight Screwdrivers
- Paddles (canoe or kayak paddles OK) – we will have canoe paddles (one blade) if you do not have your own.
- PFD (lifejacket) – we will have plenty of PFD’s if you do not have your own.
Boat will be provided
SUGGESTED ITEMS (NOT MANDATORY)
- Additional first aid items
- Cell phone
- Insect Repellent
- Zip ties
- Trash bags
- Waterproof bags (dry bag, plastic zip sandwich bags, etc)
- Bike lock (theft risk is low, but you may decide to drop your bike in unattended locations)
Registration: Opens in December!