CIA Lite Adventure Race
For overall event info, click HERE
CIA Lite is a Beginner Adventure Race with a 4-hour cutoff. All rules of the 12-hour Central Indiana Adventure apply except the gear list.
The CIA Lite gear list is much smaller and less costly, so that beginner racers can sample adventure racing.
No ropes events will be part of the CIA Lite race.
Navigation and plotting will be greatly simplified for CIA Lite. A basic understanding of park trail maps and topographical maps (1:15,000 scale) will be needed.
CIA Lite starts *tentatively* at NOON on Saturday, October 14. CIA Lite participants can check in Friday evening or Saturday morning from 8 to 11 am.
CIA Lite 4-hour Beginner AR GEAR LIST (MANDATORY)
CARRIED BY EACH PERSON AT ALL TIMES:
- Food and Water
- Hydration Bladder or Bottles (minimum 40 oz capacity)
CARRIED BY ONE TEAM MEMBER AT ALL TIMES:
- First Aid/ Safety Kit: Bandages, antibiotic ointment
- Knife (minimum 3" blade)
- Pencil and marker
- Waterproof Map Case
WHILE CYCLING (EACH PERSON)
- Inner Tube
WHILE CYCLING (ONE PER TEAM)
- Tire Repair Kit: patches, tire levers, and pump
- Tools: 3, 4, 5, 6, and 8mm Hex Wrenches; Small Philips & Straight Screwdrivers
- Paddles (canoe or kayak paddles OK) – we will have loaner canoe paddles (one blade) if you do not have your own.
- PFD (lifejacket) – we will have loaner PFD’s if you do not have your own.
Boat will be provided
SUGGESTED ITEMS (NOT MANDATORY)
- Additional first aid items
- Cell phone
- Insect Repellent
- Trash bags
- Waterproof bags (plastic zip sandwich bags, etc)
Registration: Opens in December